Ah summer. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and wedding season is in full swing. That’s right, more than any other time of year, summer is the period when most couples decide to tie the knot, usually with a lengthy ceremony (or ceremonies) that take months of planning, booking and preparation. But hey, as they say, it’s all worth it because ‘it’s your special day.’
If you’re new to the whole wedding preparation thing, it may surprise you to know that every year there are wedding trends for everything from the dresses right down to the invitations. With decades of experience helping couples and families create that perfect party, all of our Sutton locations have hosted and planned numerous wedding events, and we’ve got the inside scoop on what’s hot for the upcoming months.
Here are some popular wedding trends for 2012:
- Long sleeved, romantic-looking, Kate Middleton-inspired wedding dresses
- Simple, sleek and form fitting brides’ maids dresses a la Pippa Middleton
- Bling accents; think shiny brooches, hair accessories, decorations for bouquets, candleholders and invitations
- Food stations as opposed to pre-served meal orders
- Dessert tables with bite-sized sweets and pastries
- Big, lush bouquets
- The vintage and rustic look; think wicker lanterns, chairs and quaint country China
And as the styles change from year to year, whether it’s permed hair, stiletto heels or crushed velvet tuxes, there will always be one constant during every wedding decade… and that’s service.
Being no stranger to the ebb and flow of making your celebration completely stress free, our hotels offer many different assistance services (these vary by location) for each and every kind of ceremony. Among the most popular ones we have are:
- Valet parking for guests
- Assistance for getting guests from the hotel lobby to the reception
- Food preparation, planning and specialized menus
- Cocktail receptions
- Table setting, room decorating and set up
- DJ and dance floor planning
- Special rates for guests
- Honeymoon packages
- Assistance with table favors and décor and much, much more
With exceptional attention to detail being our claim to fame, we take pride in doing as much prepping and planning as possible for all our betrothed guests. This creates the perfect situation – you get to enjoy the celebration; we get to enjoy providing you with the best customer experience possible.
After all, of all the parties that you are going to have in your life time, we’re pretty sure this one should take the cake.
If you are looking to plan your summer wedding, or simply want to learn more about our exclusive wedding packages, click below: