With the Summer Olympics ready to go, and all eyes on our nation’s brightest young sports stars, this past weekend was the perfect time to hold a fun-filled golf tournament supporting local athletes. In its 8th year running, our ‘Just FORE Fun’ Invitational had a great turn out and was a huge success, featuring a day full of food, drinks, prizes … and of course, golf!
Held at the world-renowned Furry Creek Golf & Country Club (just before Squamish), this event was supported by many of our friends, sponsors and partners who all worked together to create an unforgettable fundraiser for the Simon Fraser University Athletics Department.
Why is this cause so important to us? Well, quite simply, Canada’s young athletes need our support, and Simon Fraser University has a long history of excellence in intercollegiate athletics. Considered to be one of the top athletic programs in Canada, SFU has 17 varsity sports teams in 12 disciplines of sports including: football, women’s softball and volleyball, men’s and women’s soccer, basketball, wrestling, swimming and diving, golf, track and field, and cross country. With over 300 student athletes, SFU is also the only university in Canada to offer a full-ride scholarship for athletics.
Hard working sports stars can now obtain an excellent education at one of Canada’s top universities while also competing in the best collegiate athletic association in the world, the NCAA. Why is this significant? Because it helps keeps our nation’s best athletes in Canada, where they can represent us with pride!
This year’s event saw our guests vying over highly coveted gifts, packages and getaways in our silent auction including:
- A weekend getaway at The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke Mountain Resort including lift passes
- 2 roundtrip tickets from Air Canada (anywhere in North America)
- 4 Nights’ accommodation at the Westin Mission Hills in Palm Springs including 2 rounds of golf for 2
- A Whistler weekend getaway: 2 nights at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler + 1 round of golf for 4 at Big Sky Golf & Country Club
- An island getaway: 2 tickets from Vancouver to Victoria on Helijet with 2 nights at the Inn at Laurel Point
- A sea safari from Sewell’s Marina
- A sunset dinner for 2 from Harbour Cruises
- A 60-minute treatment from Vida Spa
- Dinner GC’s at Le Crocodile, Don Francesco and C Restaurant
- Exclusive bleacher’s seats for the Celebration of Light Fireworks
- Tons of wine… and the list went on and on…
Golf, sun, wine and delicious food? You could say that the event was an ace!